Storing emergency kits at your home for the dwellers is important to keep you safe when the crises occur. If you happen to face a catastrophic accident in your area and with all the given modern luxuries at the fingertips, you will be suffering drastically when you confront a disaster. We take the resources; we have today for very granted. For example, imagine the situation where you are running out of electricity for weeks and weeks, leaving you in absolute darkness.
This will not only take away the artificial lighting for you but will also stop the water treatment, and you will suffer from lack of regular water supply, as well. You may also suffer extreme levels of structural damage when there are adverse climate conditions. Therefore, emergency supplies are important to be kept in our homes just like a First Aid kit, that aids as a secondary medical treatment when you don’t have time to approach the primary attention.
Why do we need Emergency Kits like Solar Air Lantern?
If there’s a thing that we should be considered about these emergency kits, however, is the weight of the kits. For example, imagine yourself going to a trekking trip, and you have pinned around 30-50 pounds of weight on your back, how comfortable would you feel? Given that you would be already panicking in the emergency situations, imagine strapping a weight of 20 pounds on the back, will you be able to come out of the accident?
The exact reason is why people always search for emergency kits that are lightweight and are extremely functional. If the usefulness of the emergency kit extends beyond the emergencies. The item will then be sold at a valued price. My one such recent find is the Solar Air Lantern developed by SurvivalFrog.com. The way it works is not only fun but for the tagged price; the lantern is indeed affordable, as well.
What is a Solar Air Lantern?
But why do we need a Solar Air Lantern, if you ask? Well, in that case, try searching what it is in the search engine and let me know if it’s not looking interesting. The more you know about it, the more you will know that it’s a gimmicky product, but it sure has the tendency to be around for a longer time than you have expected. Basically, the Solar Air Lantern is a small disc which has a diameter of say 4 inches or more with embedded LED lights on the inner side.
The exterior of the disk contains a switch and a solar panel. The inner disk is encased by an inflatable cylinder, which is made of plastic. However, when the flexible plastic collapsed, it seems extraordinarily thin. The size of the Solar Air Pattern is said to be fit in the pocket where both the ends have plastic straps that act as handles.
When you open the valve of the cylinder, put the straps in order to expand the lamp, the air gets in. Blow the valve to fill the taut of the Lantern and then close the valve. The Solar Air Lantern is reportedly invented recently, and it can be used mainly in areas where electricity is not available, such as the developing countries, like the third world nations. These Lanterns claim that they can provide around 12 hours of artificial light with 6-8 hours of charging period. It’s more like the 1:1 ration with one hour of light being available for everyone hour of keeping it under the sunshine.
Survival Frog Solar Air Lantern
As neat as the idea of Solar Air Lantern seems, it’s not practical given the cost. However, the SurvivalFrog.com’s Solar Air Lantern aims to provide a balanced price-performance based Solar Air Lantern to you. Have a look!
Features of Survival Frog Solar Air Lantern
- Light in weight, this amazing Solar Air Lantern is portable and can be carried from one place to other with ease.
- It is rechargeable, and by charging the lantern for an ample amount of time, you can produce two folded light.
- The Solar Air Lantern is both shatterproof and waterproof; there can’t be broken.
- It doesn’t even use any batteries or wires, therefore is resistant to water and is indeed rich in sunlight.
- The Solar Air Lantern can be lighted up in the campsite even by hanging it on the tree using a rope.
- This way, you can read books by using it as a Task lighting in the darker areas.
- If you’re going for trekking, you can take the light in your tent and either lay it just on the ground or hang it from the canopy.
- You can use the Solar Air Lantern whenever there is a power outage at the office, home, boat, car or in your RV. It can also be used ornamentally by lighting up in your backyard as well.
Product Specifications of Survival Frog Solar Air Lantern
- The Solar Air Lantern is indeed very easy to use and can be virtually very indestructible as well.
- A full charge of the Solar Air Lantern with sunlight lasts for 12 hours, and it has a retaining charge of 3 years if it is inactive mode.
- The lantern is around 4 inches tall, when in inflated mode with a minimal surface lighting area of 150 Sqft. The best part is that it is only one inch tall, in the deflated mode.
- The Solar Air Lantern weighs around 4 ounces, on a whole and is built with high efficiency solar panels.
- The Solar Air Lantern has got around 10 LEDS embedded that are extremely powerful, giving an output of 50 lumens altogether.
- Therefore, when you place the SurvivalFrog.com’s Solar Air Lantern in a place, it can brighten a whole of 12 Sqft area.
- The charge from the sun is held in a Lithium Polymer non-electric battery that reaches the full status in a span of 8 hours.
- The Solar Air Lantern is made of PVC and therefore is water resistant with handles given on both the sides for hanging.It has different settings that emit the light in different modes say high, low, off and emergency flash as well.
- Without any maintenance fee, the Solar Air Lantern doesn’t contain batteries, wires or the gas. It has got an IP67 waterproof rating where it retains 95% of the total charge.
What is Survival Frog Solar Air Lantern?
This is the most hands down coolest survival kit that is available in the market, given the recent innovations. This inflatable Solar Air Lantern is capable of providing solar light with the inscribed LED lights that can light you up for 12 hours which means you don’t have to go for the typical batteries and instead can use the sun as a source of energy to provide the light. The ten incredible LED lights make this Solar Air Lantern perfect, making it both a survival kit as well as a great camping gear.
The SurvivalFrog.com’s Solar Air Lantern is also provided with three light functions that are very different from one another making it easy for you to act upon, based on the emergency situation you’re in, or as a party light to add ambiance. Not only does this Solar Air Lantern provide you a powerful light straight from the sunlight, but it also comes with a deck of playing cards. Apart from being used as the fun cards while you’re bored, these cards also have few tips and tricks that can be used for the survival even in the deadliest situations.
My Personal Survival Frog Solar Air Lantern Review
When you get the Solar Air Lantern at first, it won’t be very much liking to you. As it comes in a deflated mode, it is only about an inch tall while it is five inches, when it’s across. Weighing 4 ounces, it is light in weight and might even seem like an insignificant toy to you. After taking the Solar Air Lantern out of the package, you need to set the Solar Air Lantern for charging out in the sun either directly in the sun or at a window. You can also place the lantern under an incandescent light and wait for it to charge up, fully.
You might either get it in fully charged mode, or you have to charge it in case if it is not. Charging the lantern for eight hours will give you a confident emission of light. To do this, you have to inflate the Solar Air Lantern by flipping it open. Now, take the flappery thing on the top and start blowing it to make it a beach ball by giving it few puffs to make if inflated. Once you’re done with the inflation, tuck the flapper right under the opening ridge along its side. This particular area is usually marked as ‘squeeze, ‘ and you can do this, here.
The SurvivalFrog.com’s Solar Air Lantern stays inflated for around 3-4 weeks, and it looks the same as the day it is blown up. The specifications of the Lantern as given above claims that it yields 6-12 hours of light when it is charged. As claimed, it does give around 12 hours of light in three different modes low, emergency flash and bright mode. If you want maximum longevity of the light, you can opt for the low mode and keep it there. If you want it as a task lighting, you can use the bright mode. The amazing thing about the Solar Air Lantern is that the charging on low mode will last for 15 hours and will still be usable even after that. The bad news, if you ask; there aren’t any that have been mentioned until now.
Off-grid usage of Solar Air Lantern
This SurvivalFrog.com’s gadget is amazing as it lends itself to the liberal distribution of the light, off-grid. You can keep this in your car in order to illuminate it if you’re doing some night chores or to signal the drivers if your vehicle is under repair. You can use this device in boats as an emergency kit for other people to identify that you’re under need.
To modest depth, this lantern can even be used underwater given the appropriate measures. Keeping the Solar Air Lanterns in bug-out bags also help in pushing the darkness back or keeping the light away during the night. Apart from using them when there is an inevitable power outage, you can also use them for various other purposes like:
- You can brighten the entire room whenever there’s a power outage.
- You can lighten the electrical box up whenever there’s a breaker flipping.
- You can illuminate the interiors of tents, caves to diminish the darkness.
- You can use the lantern as a campground lighting fixture.
- You can use it as an accessory light in the vehicle when you are stranded during the night, be it a car or a boat.
- You can strap it to the bug out bag and use it to lighten the trail, while you’re on the trek.
- You can find the way to the latrines, garden sheds or outhouses during the night.
- You can use it as a strobe or an emergency light when you are in need of help.
- You can string the Solar Air Lantern around the porch or on a deck to brighten the exteriors of the house both for safety and for beauty.
- You can use it as a nightlight to read or as a bed light for the children when they are frightened during a power outage.
Pros of Solar Air Lantern
This is one of the USP’s of the Solar Air Lantern. A lightweight device as it is, if you want to carry 10 lanterns at a time, you can still carry them in the luggage without any hassles. It fits easily into the bag because of the compactness of the design. If you squeeze the light after the usage, it will get deflated to an inch or even less.
The amusing thing about the Solar Air Lantern is that it gets energy from the Sun, which is the renewable and clean source. This lantern has a lesser impact on the surrounding environment when compared to the dirty and non-renewable energy sources like natural gas, oil, and coal that are used the most in this electricity generation. According to the statistics of Environmental Defense, the electricity generation in the US is responsible for the acidic rains upto 62.6%, climatic change upto 40% and urban smog upto 21.1%.
The Solar Lantern is indeed very easy to use. You just have to inflate it slowly by pulling the handles apart and by squeezing the nipple projection out to blow the air in. After blowing it with few puffs, it will look the same at least for three weeks before you blow it the next time. Turning the Solar Air Lantern is easy as well as it can be done by locating the switch between the two solar panels in between. You just have to push it once for the low mode, twice for the bright mode and thrice for the emergency mode.
Illumination: SurvivalFrog sends these lights charged initially and therefore, you can use them right away. But if you want to be sure about the illumination, put them under the sunlight and attach it to the bag to use it as a trail. From experience, one charge of eight hours can give around twelve hours of bright lighting, on an average.
If you go to the bottom of the SurvivalFrog website, you will see that they even have an A+ rating from BBB (Better Business Bureau), displaying that they have a commitment to solve the consumer complaints as well. If you’re not satisfied with the product, they are providing a 90 Day Cash Back Guarantee and so far, they don’t have a zero complaints about the guarantee.
Cons of Solar Air Lantern
It is important to make sure that you have the adequate sunlight in your area. This is the one problem that you should consider, as you’re using a solar-powered appliance. However, if you have less sun or no sun, that doesn’t mean you can’t charge the Solar Air Lantern. Even countries like Alaska, Sweden, Greenland, Norway and Northern Canada like countries that have longer nights can use the ample sunlight.
2. Customer Complaints
All the companies do face different types of complaints from the customers, and the Survival Frog is not in the exemption area. Some consumers started complaining about their product, delivery and billing services. However, the good thing about it is that they give the utmost priority to resolve the complaints.
3. Waiting Time
Depending on the place that you live, you will have to wait for 2-5 weeks for the order from the SurvivalFrog.com. Not all the people are patient enough to wait for them, but just don’t get an imitated product in a hurry to avoid this.
Final Words - TRY NOW [SPECIAL DISCOUNT]
On the whole, I have found the SurvivalFrog.com’s Solar Air Lantern to be versatile, extremely feasible and because of the light weight and longevity, it has become even more desirable just by a single charge. The Solar Air Lantern is extremely waterproof and is powered by the renewable sun, which is why it can be used anywhere without any batteries. Also, as mentioned, the Solar Air Lantern is priced around $20 only which is why it is a keeper.